- Acute Hydrocodone Withdrawal: 3-5 days
- Post Acute Hydrocodone Withdrawal: 1 Week
What is Hydrocodone?
Hydrocodone is semi-synthetic opiate derived from codeine and/or thebaine. It’s indicated for moderate to severe pain as well as severe coughs. Hydrocodone is often combined with other analgesics such as acetaminophen or aspirin to help increase the effectiveness of the drug without increasing the narcotic effects.
Hydrocodone withdrawal symptoms can take place if use of drug is abruptly stopped. Hydrocodone withdrawal is not typically life threatening; however, symptoms can be extraordinarily uncomfortable.
Symptoms may include:
- Runny Nose
- Muscle Cramping
- Stomach Cramps
- Loss of Appetite
Symptoms Severity Scale Rating
Hydrocodone Withdrawal Treatment
- Non-Medical Treatment: Abrupt cessation of Hydrocodone with the assistance of a hospital or rehab center.
- Medical Treatment: Decrease Hydrocodone doses before total elimination of drug intake combined with the administration of methadone or clonidine.
- Other variants and names: Hydro, Vicodin, Lortab, Vicodin ES, Lorcet and Norco
- Common Strengths: 5mg/500mg (Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen), 7.5/750, 10/500, 10/325
- Usually taken: Orally in pill form
- Half Life of Hydrocodone: 4-6 hours
Withdrawal Ease Testimonials About Hydrcodone
“Thank you for your product. I am on day five of Hydrocodone withdrawal and I feel great besides the occasional belly ache and some depression. The (last) time I quit hydrocodone I had two miserable weeks. This time was close to a breeze. My doctor had me on two Hydrocodone 10/500 for a slipped disc, and two bulging discs, but I was taking twice that much or more some days. I am thirty years old, and glad to have my life back. My energy is [good] enough that I will go back to work today. With your product, and my wife and parent’s support, I am doing great. Thanks Again!”
- Allan K
“Thank you for checking in on me. I’m adhering to the prescribed plan defined in the Survival Guide for my Hydrocodone withdrawal. The morning capsules — for me — are very effective. The vitamins provide me with a tremendous amount of energy and alertness. Overall I have a good sense of well being, appetite is strong, normal daily activities are good and I’m enjoying my work very much”.
- Mark D.